Saturday, June 14, 2008
Boring blog, don't feel obligated to read
I've survived the first 20% of my first term! yay! It's supposed to be the most intense, so I am happy with amount of clearance my head has above the water right now. Still tons to do, but I don't feel behind, just feel like I need to keep working hard! I'm pretty excited about that! Of course right now in anatomy we have moved into the forearms which are a beast. I'm getting ready to spend yet another Saturday in the anatomy lab, but Matthew and I are going to a party for one of his coworkers who just quit, so I'll have a little mental health time. I went for a run this morning, I was planning for 6 but only did 1.5, I was mostly feeling great, but I hit the weights really hard on Thursday and my adductors were still super tight. I figured they would losen up but they were just getting worse, so I figured I'd give them another day to recoup. I was glad I did because when I stopped, oh man did they hurt! I definitely don't want to make things worse. Monday is my first official day of training for the Denver marathon! I am so excited :) My energy levels from week 1 to 2 of school are a lot better too, my body has adapted well to the long days and hard morning workouts, so I'm pretty stoked about that. Do people say stoked anymore? That was kind of fun to say. One of Matthew's close family friends just got engaged and is getting married either January or February, and we have weddings the first 2 weekends of February, both of which I am in and are people incredibly important to me (best friend and Aunt) so obviously that's where I'll be! I'd really love it if Matthew were there, especially at my Aunts, but we are going to have to start to pick and choose with all of these weddings. Lucky I'm in clinical all January and start classes on February 9th, so Auntie Kits wedding will come right after the first week when things aren't too crazy and there probably isn't a test the second week, and Janae's I'm hoping I can put in extra clinical hours early on and be there for her a few days ahead of time. So that was not a very exciting blog....I really should get a diary or something for all my unimportant thoughts that I think....as if everyone wanted to know my plans for the weddings ;) Well, I should try to hit the postoffice and the bank before I meet my group at the lab...I hope some of them are open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No I like to read it! It reminds me of having actual conversations with you! lol. And I still say stoked. But I'm a nerd
Post a Comment