Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm alive!

I promised Mandi I would try to blog more, so I will try to do some short and sweet ones more often! We had our first thunderstorm of the season today and it was wonderful, and the rain just started up again, yay! I love the smell of rain! School is going better than I expected. I know it's only been three days, but I'm happy with how well it's gone. I've studied for at least a few hours ever night and that's gone well. This weekend will be lots of reading and memorizing of anatomy note cards, but luckily most of it is fairly familiar, anatomy wise anyway. I have a HUGE reading assignment for my Monday lab on manual muscle testing, but that should be really interesting so I look forward to it. One girl already dropped out of the program yesterday. I'm not sure why. All I know is that during the cadaver lab she was having some problems and was pretty emotional and went home, then we found out today that a new student is starting tomorrow, yikes! That will be overwhelming for him! I really feel for the girl that had to withdraw from the program, I know it's likely there were other factors other than having difficulty with the cadavers, but it is so much work just to get into the program and she made it, only to have to withdraw. Maybe she is going to come next year, who knows her reasons, but I wish her the best of luck! That must have been a really hard decision. So far I have still been able to get to bed at a decent hour and get my runs and workouts in, thank goodness! Because everyone knows how I get when I don't get my workouts in... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we lost a lot at the start too. Poor thing, I wonder if someone close to her died recently or something? I'm kind of jealous hearing about your school life. I miss it! Wish I could afford to go back!