Tuesday, September 4, 2007

AUGH!!!

So we spent most of the afternoon/evening yesterday looking at houses and still didn't find any nearly as nice as the one we had found before. The best one/best neighborhood is a bit out of the way for both of us, but it's a good price so we might have to go with it. We just plan on staying wherever we move for at least a few years so we want to make sure it works and is affordable. Well, at this point about negative $1,000 is what's affordable. We just can't handle the mortgage payment on top of everything.

If I was making what I anticipated I'd be making (and I was lead to believe would be easy to make when I was hired) we'd be fine, but as it is I have been searching for second jobs, and Matthew has been searching for freelance work to pay the bills. As stressful as it is though, I'm happy with how we've been dealing with it. Everyone always says financial problems are the biggest problems in a marriages--and ours is a new one, but we're doing fine. We don't fight at all, we're just overwhelmed, but mostly we just throw out potential solutions to make us feel better.

There's a job harvesting tissue that looks pretty interesting but the hours might be tricky with my class and work. I want to keep my training job at least part time because when I DO do direct sessions I make really good money. I don't know what the tissue job pays, it's for a non-profit organization. I'm going to apply and see if I can be flexible with the hours, like do 2 evening shifts and 1 weekend shift. The shifts they advertise are M-T day 9 hour shifts (like 6-3), evening (3p-1a) or F, S, Su, 12 hours shifts, 6-6:30. None of them would be ideal because I have one class smack in the middle of the day M, W and a lab Friday morning, and if I have any hope of keeping clients I need some evenings free. But we will see!

Matthew was talking about dropping the price on his house but I think we'll try to rent it out first, who knows, maybe we can get the full price for it. Anyway...my venting has ceased! I have one actual client today and two potential clients, we'll see if they buy! Two I had last week are most likely going to buy. I'm going to sit down with my boss today also and talk to him about what the company policy is on taking other personal training jobs because there are quite a few listed, one is actually just down the street from where I work now. And there's a job as a recreational activities manager or something, sounds like I'm qualified though I have no idea what I'd do!

I feel like I'm getting sick so I've been drinking lots of ecchinacea tea but it's just getting worse, probably stress. I should do some yoga. Hopefully I can get a second job that pays well and see my family again someday. We miss our families :( I need to do my acute inpatient hours too to apply for grad school but no one was in the office when I called just now. I need to take my GRE's too, and the lady who was writing me a recommendation hasn't gotten it to me yet. Maybe I'll e-mail her and ask for it by November, apps are due in December. I'm so afraid I won't get in. I need to calm down, haha. Okay, time to work, send me good client-signing vibes!

1 comment:

. said...

OK.

Take a slow deep breath in. And out.

One more time.

Things will work out fine :)

I love you!