I was really upset when they closed the trail behind my house for FOUR YEARS to build the new light rail (which will then go straight to school, which I will be done with at that time, haha, oh well). Anyway, so I drove to the lake I used to run at a lot when training for the marathon and ran in the neighborhood because I didn't feel like running around a flat lake in a circle, and it was the best run I've had in AGES! I ran 4 miles on Wednesday and 5 yesterday, they were really hill and hard and wonderful. I thought I was way out of shape but I guess not as bad as I thought. I got a big blister yesterday though that I'm hoping subsides soon so I can do 6 miles tomorrow. I think I'll just run from home up to the neighborhood I love, even though the 1.5 miles from here to there isn't so great, I'd rather not have to drive to run everyday. The neighborhood was so quiet and beautiful. Lots of cool old houses and trees, I felt like I could run forever! I think I'm going to run up there always now. I was thinking yesterday that one thing I like about it is if there's kind of a creepy person you can just turn and go down a few blocks, but on the trail you're stuck where you are, so that might be part of why it was so much more relaxing being in the neighborhood.
My campus has an inter professional orchestra I'm going to play in too, and Matthew's thinking about joining so that will be a lot of fun! I went Wednesday but the director wasn't expecting saxophones this year so he didn't have any music for saxophone yet, but next week hopefully I'll get some good playing in :)
MRI is Monday, it'll be nice to get that over with. I'm really happy that Mandi is on a new schedule and will hopefully be able to relax and enjoy life a little more :) Hopefully the new schedule won't control her life so much. Can't wait to come home for the holiday's and see everybody!
Oh yeah, one more exciting thing. I was looking at the City Rec Centers around here that I think I'm going to join, because the gym I've been going to is too snobby for me, and I found the one close to school and in the picture I think I see a treadclimber! I LOVE those things! We had one at Eastern and it was great for cross-training. It'll be nice to finally get back into shape. I've been a little lax the last few weeks, but then I decided to stop letting my headaches control my life and just do it, and I feel much better :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment