Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 10K for grandpa


I ran the BolderBoulder memorial day 10k today. I didn't have a great finishing time, but I had fun. I didn't really train for it, have just been relaxing and hiking and whatnot with the hubby for the last week or so, and since the marathon I've been mostly doing shorter tempo and interval runs. So, I just decided to go run it with some friends and have fun! And I did :) It's no Bloomsday, but it'll do. Not quite as scenic, the waves are better, quite hilly, post run goody bag is good, but hydration opportunities at the end are poor. The first 4 miles are pretty much all hill, then the last two are downhill. Downhill is painful.

After the race our dirt was delivered and we filled our two 8 foot X 12 foot X 1 foot vegetable garden beds with dirt, so now we just have to plant! I'm exhausted so time to go lounge around some more :) Hope everyone has had a nice memorial day full of great memories of those we love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first it looked like blood on your shirt! lol of course that's the first place my mind goes. I miss you! I feel icky and want a Jessi hug :(