Hello Family! I don't have class until 10 day (a big scary presentation) but I had a work meeting at 7 and I'm to the point I don't want to look at my presentation for awhile so here I am to blog! haha
So, what is new? I went to the neurologist who said that my terrible headaches I've had for years are actually atypical migraines, and I learned that migraine "attacks" or whatever you want to call them can actually present in ways other than a headache so it might also be the cause of my stomach aches! I was so excited I was jumping of the walls that it might all get better :) He gave me a daily drug that he says ideally will reduce my symptoms 75%. I've only had 2 really bad headaches since I started it a months ago, but it's supposed to take a few weeks to kick in so that might even go down. Also I've been really stressed the past week when I got both of them so that might be part of it. So, I am really happy that one little pill a day could make life happier and less painful :)
I can't believe how much the semester is speeding up, I have a bunch of work the next two weeks, then one short week for Thanksgiving, then we come back and I have basically two weeks of finals. One week of comps and one week of written finals, with a couple classes in the first week. There is so much going on the week after Thanksgiving I don't think I will be able to relax much, but that is OK. We will be home for quite awhile of Christmas and that will be wonderful :) For the first time in YEARS most of the family will be together for "Thanksgiving". Mandi has to go back to work Thursday and we are going to Matthew's parents on the day, so we are having Thanksgiving on Wednesday with Lasagna, yummm.... :) It will be so wonderful to have the holiday with my Mike and Mandi :) Plus, since it's not the holiday yet the kids will be there! :) I'm not sure what their holiday schedule is this year so I suppose they might be there anyway.
Lets see....what else can I ramble on about for 10 minutes....I think that's about all the news actually. I have an exciting race schedule planned out for the next year but that is probably only interesting to me, and maybe Hershal :)
So long, my dear family. I will see most of you very soon :)
P.S. If anyone wants to fly to Denver Matthew and I are playing in a concert on November 19th :) haha, but really....it probably wouldn't be worth it ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i don't work till saturday after thanksgiving actually
I am glad that you might be getting the headaches/tummy problems under control.
I won't be able to do the Cable Bridge Run this year. The shoes that I were given to me a few months ago are already hurting my feet and I won't be able get new ones from Runner's Sole until after the New Year. :-(
Post a Comment