Monday, April 21, 2008

17 days!

Only 17 more days left of work! The job is not bad, but I cannot wait to get away from the 40 year old who acts like an out of control 5 year old. I will miss a lot of the regulars, but I am ready to move on!

It will also be nice to get into a regular workout routine again. I have been working out with a coworker after work so that I don't have to go to bed so early to get up early (and so I can see Matthew more), and it has been working okay, but my workouts are often limited by what she can/wants to do. I'd like to be doing more swimming and biking, and I am definitely more of a morning workout person. I would like to have a workout partner for the AM though, I don't want to run alone in the dark here. I'm hoping I'll meet someone at school who likes to run. My boss "laid off" our dishwasher also, so I'm back to longer hours so working out after work and before class isn't as feasible. I am looking into ways to bike to work. It is a hilly 10 miles each way, so if I biked to and from work on class days I think that could count as my workout. Then I could run, swim and do weights on other days. Triathlons are still a dream of mine, but I am very very nervous about the swimming. Too bad Hershal isn't here to do my first one with me!

Hershal, Michelle and Edward ran a 5K in nearly 28 minutes! That was my goal for the 5K qualifier for BolderBoulder I didn't end up doing, so that is great! And with a jogging stroller! Inspired by them, I decided I wanted to see what I could do 5K in so tomorrow I plan on doing my own "race" to see how fast I can go. I'm nearly certain I can't do 9 minute miles yet, but I will see where I am at and go from there!

For awhile it looked like Mandi was going to be able to come visit before I started my DPT program but it didn't work out because of her selfish coworkers, so she is looking into other weekends. I am trying not to keep my fingers crossed but it would be nice to see some family before I start school. As much as I love Denver, it is very hard being away from home.

Right now I am reading the book Stiff which I highly recommend. It is interesting and hilarious. Luckily I got a lot of studying done this weekend because every night I've been coming home and reading Stiff instead! I have a test Thursday and next Monday, then a poster presentation May 5th and my final May 14th then I'm DONE! My last day of work is May 15th and then I get to kick back and relax for a couple weeks :) Ahh....how beautiful that will be...

No comments: